Sunday 15 June 2014

Betty's Midwest Kitchen @ Aman Suria

Spectacular view :) 

Pig-in-a-Blanket: Pork cocktail sausages wrapped in bacon ~ Normal, sausages are dry. 

Crispy Bacon: Bacon deep fried and caramelized for crispy satisfaction ~ Too crispy could barely taste the bacon & a little burned. 

The American Dog: A choice of beef/pork beatwurst in a hotdog bun with our own gherkins and onion relish and served in a basket of fries.

Pulled-Pork Burger: Shredded or 'pulled' pork which has been slow roasted and braised in our special sauce in between a burger bun, served with our house coleslaw and fries.

Dog Food: Fries drenched in gravy, topped with cheese and oven cooked ~ Nice, I like how the fries are slightly crispy yet soft and drowned in cheese; tasteful. 

Country Fried Chicken: A quarter chicken (thigh portion) marinated and deep fried for crispy skin and tender meat. Served with traditional homemade country gravy, house mash potato & peas ~ I asked for no peas. Took a bite out of the drumstick, my my it tastes as good as KFC, I finished the 1st piece happily so I can move to the next piece, how come not nice?? =.=" Inconsistent. 

We arrived and asked for a table to fit 6 of us, we had to wait a while; I don't have a problem with that. When the table is available they wouldn't sit us because 1 of our friend was late & will only be arriving in 15 minutes. I don't see the problem of seating us first if our friend is already on the way. We had to wait till he was almost here then only they allowed us to order & sit. 

Reason not wanting us to sit in there, wait and hog the table, I guess it's about fully utilizing the tables or probably there's a better reason to this which if the food is really awesome then I do not mind but food is past the normal level slightly. If Fatty Crab were to implement this I wouldn't be thrilled but I'll go along with it because Fatty Crab is worth it. 

Betty's Midwest Kitchen
A-G-40, Jalan PJU 1/43, Aman Suria Damansara,
47301 Petaling Jaya.
03-7880 0196

No comments: