Thursday 26 March 2015

Dim Sum @ Hong Kee Restaurant, Taipan USJ

Porridge ~ The only decent food here.

Foo Chok ~ Crappy, barely warm & not crispy at all. 

Ladyfinger ~ Okay.

Shumai with Crabstick ~ So So.

Shumai ~ So So.

Har Gaw ~ So So.

Wrapped Bacon ~ Bacon is okay.

Fishball ~ Bleahh.

Fried Radish Cake ~ Okay.

I mentioned a couple of times that I don't like dim sum because it's expensive and not nice, I was dragged here by mom obviously. The only place for dim sum that I approve of is Tao Chinese Cuisine at Intercontinental Hotel. One you have tried Tao, other dim sums are horrible. Hong Kee dim sum is so bad compared to them. Of course Tao is more expensive but totally worth it.

I'm not sure how Hong Kee charges their dimsum, there's dim sum price of RM1.90, RM4, RM5.30 & RM7. Ours was marked from RM4 till RM7, and the total bill is RM49.70. For that amount of money I could have eat something much better, nicer & more filling. Apologies but I really do have something against bad dim sum.

Hong Kee Restaurant
36, Jalan USJ 9/5P,
Subang Business Centre,
47620 Subang Jaya.
03-8023 5790
www.facebook.com/hongkeefood

No comments: