Saturday 20 September 2014

Pan Mee @ Restoran Wai Kwan, USJ 6

Pan Mee ~ So so. Nothing special.

Buu have been telling me about this Pan Mee which is super delicious and he wanted me to try it but unfortunately only open during lunch time on weekdays. I managed to make myself available for lunch, I was excited that I finally get to try the famous Pan Mee that he's been telling me so much about.

We were given a number, we took a seat and wait. I can see that many tables have not been serve yet. Doomed; I'm going to be here all day. We waited for about 45 minutes before we got our mee. By then I was already agitated and hungry, I told him this better be good. He smiled and said you will like it (praying)

I took the first bite and stared at him, I said is this what you mean by good?!? My mom cooks better Pan Mee than this; bad side I have to wait longer than this, good side taste better than this. I don't find anything special about the mee that I need to wait 45 minutes. The mee has the flour taste & the soup it's normal. I can't taste what was special about the soup, taste just like a typical 'ikan bilis' soup. Probably my tongue was high!!! Another thing I dislike, Buu asked for extra anchovies and they charged him for it. He's a regular and a huge fan of her mee. This i don't like - miserly.

I prefer when the flour is boiled first to get rid of the flour taste. I still prefer the Pan Mee in Nam King, unfortunately the guy that used to cook for me Ah Leong is no longer there. I shall continue to hunt for good pan mee.

Pan Mee Stall
Restoran Wai Kwan,
Lot 17, Jalan USJ 6/1,
47610 Subang Jaya.

No comments: