Wednesday 11 February 2015

Bait @ Bangsar



Miguel Torres Hemisferio, Sauvignon Blanc Chile (RM 20) ~ It's good that Ms D ordered a second glass. I just noticed that the amount charged for the 2nd glass is different. Nevermind, we'll discuss it after all the food.

Oysters from Ireland & UK (RM 6 Happy Hour) ~ Oysters are very fresh, Donna liked the one from Ireland.



Oysters are a must with Worcestershire sauce.

Oysters from Ireland ~ So good that she ordered another 3. Now that I see the bill, the charges for the oysters also don't add up =.=" Seriously can't this people charge anything right?? 

Stuffed Squid: With seafood ragout, rice & provolone cheese (RM 28) ~ Yummy.

Duck Riatz: With soft polenta & red wine reduction (RM 23) ~ Be sure to mix everything thoroughly, the sauce gives the polenta taste else it's like eating oatmeal. Polenta is slightly coarse.

Fisherman's Pie: Fresh crustaceans & chunky fish baked in a creamy ragout with a crispy puff (RM 46) ~ One expensive pie but it is good. Portion is big, can be shared among 2 people. 

Now that I'm blogging about the food (2 weeks later), I noticed that the charges for the wine and oysters don't add up. Maybe I'm wrong but I'll just lay it out.

First the wine, before Donna ordered the Hemisferio, Sauvignon Blanc she asked the waiter how much for one glass, he said RM 20. The wine was good and she wants another glass, she said to the waiter can I have the same wine. So technically wouldn't the same glass of wine price ordered the second time be the same as the first? So why the additional RM3??? The only difference I see is in the name (H/H and N/H), hmm let me think. I've got it Happy Hour & Non Happy Hour. This makes much more sense. Didn't know there's Happy Hour for wine.



Second, the oysters. First batch of oysters were ordered during happy hour, 3 of them were a mixture of oysters from Ireland & UK. Once Donna was finished with all 3, she asked the waiter which country is each of the oyster from? Then she ordered another 3 from Ireland. 


My question is 1st batch of oysters consist only 3 oysters why charge for 4??? 2nd question the second batch of oysters are all from Ireland so wouldn't it be charged at the same price each?? If you get what I mean.

Let me think, that's it I got it. The 1st batch consists of 1 oyster from Ireland and 2 from UK (West Jersey+Jersey Rock). All 3 from the 2nd batch are from Ireland so that makes 4. So the oysters from Ireland are charged at happy hour rate while the oysters from UK are not. I think this makes much more sense.

Let's just expand our mind for 2 mins and play with the calculation ;)
Assuming if happy hour oysters we ordered 3, RM 6 x 3 = RM18, another 3 non happy hour, RM 11 x 3 = RM 33; Total = RM 51. They charged us a total of RM 46, OMG we made a profit of RM 5, this so make up for the RM 3 that is wrongly charged. 
I FEEL MUCH BETTER NOW :) I'm just kidding.

I honestly don't know which are the correct charges. Oh well too late now. But please people do check on your receipts before you pay. Trust me you'll be surprise that there are additional charges. Happen to me many times, previous time was at a Chinese Restaurant where we got charged for 4 rice when we only ordered 2. Not all restaurants are like that but better be safe than sorry and grumbling later.

BAIT
Lot 65, Jalan Telawi 3,
Bangsar Baru,
59100 Kuala Lumpur.
03-2201 8187
Monday to Thursday: 4pm to 1230am
Friday: 4pm to 230am
Saturday: 1130am to 230am
Sunday: 1130am to 1230am

No comments: