Friday 17 October 2014

Soi 19 Thai Steamboat @ Petaling Garden

Saw this deal on Groupon and thought I give it a try. Got Thai Mookata for RM48 for 6 pax.

I assume it's enough to feed 6 people.


Help yourself with the sauces. 

I like Sukiyaki & Seafood.

Pandan Water ~ Can pour exactly 6 cups. You can see the size of the cup above 2 pictures. Trust me it won't be enough and you'll add more. Price was not mention when we asked for refill, they just refill it. RM6 each jug. @>!@#>!@>~>!@#.

Popiah ~ Very crispy & nice.

4 Sticks of Crab Meat/Sotong Balls, veggies & sohun.

5 pieces of prawn - we got 1 extra instead of 4 :D
100g of squid
200g of chicken

200g of pork + Additional Pork Set.

I just need to sit and wait.
I got my own chef :)

Soup is good, meat is good, sauce is good. 
I think we got the clear soup instead of tomyum soup. After a while when all staff are busy we helped ourselves to the kettle of soup. It taste different, this should be tom yum. Clear soup is better.

Ordered an additional chicken set because food was not enough.

Comes with the set.

This is the problem of buying from vouchers, you usually don't get what you hope to get. For example in this case food for 6 people, all 6 of us were still starving at the end of the meal. It may be cheaper to buy from voucher but you usually end up paying more to get extra. I enjoyed the food it's good, only problems are the jug of pandan water which cost RM6 which I find very pricey (we got charged twice) and food wasn't enough for all 6 of us. 3 of us can finish the given 6 person share.

Soi 19 Thai Steamboat
Lot 14, Jalan 5/44, Petaling Garden,
46000 Petaling Jaya.
Monday to Thursday: 530pm to 1am
Friday to Sunday: 530pm to 2am
012-273 5096 / 017-699 0889

No comments: