Tuesday 9 April 2013

Storytellers Bookshop @ SS15

Step inside this cramped looking cafe with sofas and chairs placed not strategically around the cafe. I was looking for a place to seat however all the seats are taken up, I was waiting for 1 of the many girls running around the kitchen to attend to me. Finally when i got their attention, they cleared 1 of the table which they were occupying with their laptops, spaghetti and move it to the smaller table.

  The order chit ~ ordering food is much more interesting than the books lying on the shelfs.

  
  Loads of reading materials to keep you occupied while you lepak in the cafe.

I chose to travel myself into the world of Sherlock Holmes.

     Mocha ~ Disappointed as there was no art on top like the picture shown and the mocha was not even warm and it should be hot. The taste is also bad.  I like the cup though, it is cute.

   Mushroom Soup ~ Try drinking using the bowl it will taste a lot better, if you drink using the spoon the soup tastes diluted. 

  Stir Fried Mushroom ~ This is poor attempt, button mushrooms are easy to cook as they have their own taste, you just need to stir fry it with olive oil, garlic and a lil soy sauce, nice... You should try the button mushrooms cooked by Italian restaurants for nearly the same price but taste much much much better. There is 1 restaurant that used to be in Jaya One, Veneeze, i can just order 2 plates and eat the button mushrooms without anything and it is cost only RM 4 per plate.

  Omelette ~ Nothing special, the egg just taste like... egg. Should have put a lil butter and pepper. The mushrooms taste like cheap mushroom out of the can.

American breakfast ~ When this came, i noticed something wrong, i purposely chose the set which has Heart shape egg and look at that, does it look like heart shape or heart broken shape?? I asked one of the girls: she pretended to go in the kitchen and ask AND never came back with an explanation.
The bread was just plain bread no butter being offered, the hotdog were skinnier than me. I had to ask twice for the butter and chilli sauce. 
One of the girls brought me chili sauce with her finger touching my sauce @_@. Then another gurl brought me chili sauce AND again with her finger in my sauce. IZIT a requirement to dip their finger in my sauce before serving for added flavor????

  Cheesecake ~ If these is a vanilla cake then i will rate it 4/10, if these is a cheesecake i will rate it 0/10 because it tasted nothing like a cheesecake. Maybe they should rename the cake. 

The gurls running the cafe were running in an out of the kitchen like little lost lambs who do not know what they are doing, when i asked one of the gurls what cake is this she does not even know, she had to ask another gurl, and that gurl had to ask another gurl. It is not like there are 10 cakes in the fridge, it was quite miserable only 3 variety of cakes but yet she does not know what flavor is the cake. 

Even when i called the owner Mr Charles to ask if i could come later without reservation, he was not paying attention to me at all, he was talking to another person then talking to me, then when i was explaining he was talking to another person and i had to repeat myself all over again.

i admire the fact that these gurls are running a cafe, it is not something that is easy to do, however if a cafe is being run like that then anyone or everyone can just open a cafe or restaurant without proper planning and that includes me. 

There are a couple of categories on how a restaurant can be rated:
1.  Excellent service and good food
2.  Louzy food but make up with excellent service
3.  Louzy food and louzy service but cheap price

This cafe falls under category No 3. I would only recommend you to come here to enjoy the books with a drink that cannot go wrong say like soft drink.

I have to stand on this disgusting floor to wait for some people to "tarik".

Storytellers Bookshop @ Facebook Cafe

No. 12, First Floor, 
Jalan SS15/8,
47500 Subang Jaya
03-5611 3404


I had to go get myself a snowflake to cool myself down from the distasteful experience at Storytellers.

  Bestseller with no Taro Balls ~ I dont know why people like the Taro Balls it   is like eating eraser. Snowflake is really stingy with the creamer, if you ask for extra they will charge you RM 0.50. Hmm... They are lucky i like their bestseller ice hence i allow the absurd charge with minimal complaint. The ice is only good when you have it there, somehow when you tapao it doesn't taste quite as good.

Snowflake - Taiwanese Dessert Secrets

No. 61A, First Floor,

Jalan SS 15/8A,
47500 Subang Jaya.
Sunday to Thursday:  1.00pm to 11.00pm
Friday to Saturday:  1.00pm to 12.00am

No comments: