Sunday 26 May 2013

De' Amour Cafe @ Kota Damansara

I drove pass this cute cafe and saw lots of flowers outside, that only means one thing. Its new! I came back another day just to give it a try.

    I appreciate when one of the owner came over and offered to close the curtains for my privacy. Though it doesn't cover much but it's the thought that counts.

  Mocha ~ Coffee overpowered the chocolate, I asked for milk to counteract the coffee. J&D Espresso makes very good mocha.

  Creamy Pumpkin Soup ~ Not creamy enough but not a bad attempt; the soup could use a little more cream and pumpkin. I like the bread especially when I dip it in the soup. The pumpkin soup in PH Pastry is superb.

  Eggs Benedict ~ The only thing nice is the ham but ham is always good regardless. Egg was tasteless, so it wasn't helpful that the yolk was all over my bread. I never like yolk except with sambal belacan. 

Tiramisu Mille Crepe ~ Not bad but since Ive tried mille crepe at Vanilla Mille Crepe, Paradigm and Winter Lover, Kota Damansara this mille crepe could do with a lil boost in size, outer layer of the cake is a lil rough and not rich enough.

     French Milk Mille Crepe ~ Not too bad; size of the cake, texture and richness could use improvement too.

   I was sitting the normal table till I saw this adorable spot then I switched place. See the plain water on the table, after I left I realize they charged me RM 2 for that. OMG!! Seriously ! If I know I would have refill 50x and ta pao it home. The air ventilation at this spot was not very good, I was sweating. If they can make this area cooler that would be great.

For those who doubt me saying that the shop charged me for the water, here is the proof. 

The owner was polite enough to come over while handing the bill, asked how was the meal. In my mind "Hmm you shouldn't have ask me, now I would have to tell the truth and risk you poisoning me the next time I come". I said sure I'll tell you once you bring my change. HEHE "Better take my money, after I open my mouth he might not want to return my change, HAHA Kidding"....

I explain to him from the drink to the sandwich what was wrong with it and how he could improve. I didn't tell him about the cakes and the air-con ventilation as I felt that he has enough from me already. I bet he regrets asking me now :) I told him I like the concept of his cafe if he could improve on the food i am sure that his cafe will stand out.

I know that it is not easy to open a restaurant or cafe. I can easily comment but I could also easily just make all the same mistakes if I open one. I think good reviews and bad reviews are what separates the average, bad, and excellent restaurant. If reviews are not important that would mean all restaurants are equally good or equally bad. You can either take my review as a challenge to improve yourself or you can treat my review as crap. I'm fine with both. 

De' Amour Cafe
13-1, PJU 5/10, Dataran Sunway,
Kota Damansara, 47810 Petaling Jaya.
03-6143 6660

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriosly i like their food & mille crepe very much and their services also compare with other cafes..From what I knw the ice water is FOC..I think you shld comment something that is TRUE... p/s im not the owner of this shop but im their loyal customer as I LIKE THEIR FOODs VERY MUCH

Caryn said...

Dear Josephine summer,

Seriously i do not care if you like their food because I have personally tried their food & I do not like it. From my opinion I think that everyone should be allowed to like or dislike something based on their own preference not based on force, ask or comment.

As for the mille crepe, I have definitely had better at Winter Lover, KD & Vanilla Mille Crepe @ Paradigm, although cost a lil more the cake has much bigger serving, texture is good and taste much much better. This is my personal opinion if you do not agree then I am fine with it. I do not need to comment anything to you to make you like the food. If I need to comment to your extent then the food is not as good as you claim. I let the food do the talking.

As for the water and comment something that is TRUE, have you actually give it a thought before you type your comments or you blankly type without going through your brain just because someone dislike the food at your favorite cafe? Have you even think is there any reason that I need to lie? Just because I do not post the receipt does not mean I have no proof. I have posted the receipt just so you can see the charges. You should thank me probably because of my comment that the water is now free.

I also did not say that you are the owner of the shop but since you pointed it out yourself I've come to think from the way you are defending the shop it sounded like you are in relation to the owner of the shop. By all means continue to be their loyal customer and like their food BUT IT WONT BE ME! I will be loyal to other cafes and restaurants whom I see fit and deserving.